|This page (like all pages on this wiki) was imported from the original English-language Battlestar Wiki based on what was available in the Wayback Machine in early 2017. You can see the archive of the original page here.|
The room has two functions:
- Monitoring and controlling large-scale operations which cannot be fully monitored or controlled from the CIC without interfering with shipboard operations
- Providing a dedicated planning and briefing center for the development of and execution of special operations under the control of a battlestar.
The Situation Room comprises a large electronic map table that can be configured for a variety of uses, supported by a number of information-relay consoles (e.g. monitoring communications). The walls of the War Room can be used to project images to assist in the planning of strike or other missions. Blackboards are available to create pilot rosters for missions.
Around a dozen personnel staff the War Room during an operation, in addition to any command staff that may be in attendance.
Appearances in episodes
- In "The Hand of God," during the planning and execution of the Battle for the Tylium Asteroid.
- In "Resurrection Ship, Part I," during the planning of the attack on the Cylons and when Commander Adama recruits Kara Thrace to kill Admiral Cain.
- In "Occupation," when Admiral Adama attempts to come up with a plan to rescue the people on New Caprica.
- In "Revelations," when Kara Thrace and Sharon Agathon present their plan to rescue the hostages on the rebel Cylon basestar.
- In "Face of the Enemy," when Saul Tigh orders Felix Gaeta to take a week's leave on Zephyr.
- The term "war room" is the official term used by the production team.