|This page (like all pages on this wiki) was imported from the original English-language Battlestar Wiki based on what was available in the Wayback Machine in early 2017. You can see the archive of the original page here.|
In Colonial religion, the Titans are a race that preceeded and were overthrown by the present gods. They are mentioned by Cerberus, host of the club "Mysteries" in the V-world game New Cap City, as part of a riddle used on Joseph Adama in exchange for information (CAP: "Ghosts in the Machine").
- The original Titans of Greek mythology were the children of Gaia (the Earth) and Ouranos (the Sky): Kronos, Rhea, Oceanus, Tethys, Theia, Iapetus, Crius, Phoebe, Coeus, Hyperion, Mnemosyne and Themis. Some of their children were also considered Titans, such as Atlas, Prometheus, Menoetius, Epimetheus, Astraios, Perses, Pallas, Leto and Asteria. Other children of the Titans were the gods who replaced them, including Kronos and Rhea's children Zeus, Hera, Demeter, Poseidon, Hades and Hestia.
- Female Titans in Greek mythology are called Titanides.
- A prominent city on Libran is named Themis, which is appropriate as she was the Titanide of Justice.
- A ship in the Colonial fleet is named Prometheus. Another is named Cybele, a goddess conflated with Rhea.
- According to the Battlestar Galactica Map of the Twelve Colonies, there are unihabited planets in the Colonial star system named Pallas and Phoebe, as well as an asteroid belt named Ouranos. The largest two of the lifeless planet Hestia's moons are binaries named Kronos and Rhea.
- Cerberus states that Man has overthrown the gods as the gods overthrew the Titans and asks Joseph Adama how he (Man) will be repaid if he visits his sins upon his children. The rise of the Cylons is the logical next step in this cycle.