New Caprica Resistance
|This page (like all pages on this wiki) was imported from the original English-language Battlestar Wiki based on what was available in the Wayback Machine in early 2017. You can see the archive of the original page here.|
- This page covers the resistance movement on New Caprica. For other meanings, see "Resistance".
The New Caprica Resistance is formed by Colonials to resist the Cylon occupation of New Caprica after President Gaius Baltar's surrender. The day the Cylons march into New Caprica City, Kara Thrace vows that they will "fight 'em until we can't" (Lay Down Your Burdens, Part II). Ironically, Thrace herself would be unable to participate in the resistance.
Two months into the occupation of New Caprica, Saul Tigh, Galen Tyrol, and James Lyman are starting to organize, recruit members, and stockpile weapons for the struggling resistance. According to a report transmitted to Galactica another two months later, Tigh commands 1150 soldiers. Resistance targets include New Caprican infrastructure, the Cylon Occupation Authority, and the Baltar administration.
Tigh's plan is to use attacks to keep the Cylons off guard until Galactica can effect a rescue of the populations. This includes desperate acts like suicide bombings, which is condoned by some members, but vehemently opposed by former President Laura Roslin. Tyrol also begins to object after he learns that Tigh plans to target the city's market and the civilians there. Targets of such attacks are a graduation ceremony of the New Caprica Police and a power generation station.
Immediately prior to the escape from the planet, the resistance makes contact with a party dispatched from Galactica in Breeders Canyon and smuggles them into the city. They also rescue approximately 200 people from a mass execution at the Pergamus Flats, among them Laura Roslin, Tom Zarek and Cally Tyrol. When Galactica attacks, members race to their weapon caches, for example hidden under the Pyramid court, and attack the Cylons in force, in order to gain access to the ship yard (Exodus, Part I and Part II).
Known Resistance Members
- Saul Tigh - Leader, mastermind, and attack strategist.
- Galen Tyrol - Leading member, in charge of communications and head leader in Tigh's absence.
- Samuel Anders - Leading member and attack strategist.
- Longo † - Hides weapons for the Resistance.
- Charlie Connor - Joins the resistance after the death of his son.
- Tucker Clellan † - Infiltrates the New Caprica Police and performs a suicide bombing.
- Jean Barolay
- Diana Seelix
- Laura Roslin – Records the history of the occupation and helps to organize evacuation plans.
- Tory Foster – Helps to organize and practice evacuation plans under the cover of fire and natural disaster drills.
- Felix Gaeta – Secretly passes information to the resistance.
- Sharon Agathon - Colonial Fleet liaison officer. Acquires launch keys to the grounded ships.
- Erin Mathias - A marine leader from Pegasus under the command of Sharon Agathon.
- Tom Zarek - Participates in evacuation planning meeting along with the freed Laura Roslin.
- Cally Tyrol - No direct support.
Traitors and moles
- James "Jammer" Lyman - Joins New Caprica Police after increasing reservations with Tigh's tactics.
- Ellen Tigh - Gives up information to the Cylons in response to threats to her husband's life.
- In a somewhat ironic twist the three leaders, Saul Tigh, Galen Tyrol, and Samuel Anders, as well as supporter Tory Foster, are later revealed to be four of the final Cylons (Crossroads, Part II). Also ironicaly, the person who betrays them, Ellen Tigh, is actually the final Cylon.de:Neu Caprica Widerstandsbewegung