References in the Original Series
From Battlestar Wiki
|This page (like all pages on this wiki) was imported from the original English-language Battlestar Wiki based on what was available in the Wayback Machine in early 2017. You can see the archive of the original page here.|
| Part of the series on|
- Shots of the Valley Forge, the domed greenhouse ship from this movie, were used to show 'agricultural ships' in "Battlestar Galactica."
- Many people noted the apparent similarities, aesthetic and plot-wise, between Star Wars and "Battlestar Galactica. George Lucas even (unsuccessfully) sued the makers of "Battlestar Galactica," citing forty-four specific counts of plagiarism.
- In reply to these allegations, the Apogee special effects team "wrote" the words "Fuck Off" by using the lights of the Caprican city. This can be seen as the Cylon Raiders approach in the attack sequence on Caprica.
- For Richard Hatch's proposed movie sequel to "Battlestar Galactica" (Battlestar Galactica: The Second Coming), many similarities were drawn between the new Cylons, and the Borg from "Star Trek: TNG."
- The "IL" in IL-series Cylon is actually a reference to Industrial Light, the previous employer of John Dykstra.
- The "IL" marking can be seen as a button marking on the Viper control stick. This is seen in closeup shots of the stick, starting with "Saga of a Star World".
- Boomer's reference to "plant vapor" is almost certainly a nod to the popularity of marijuana in the late 1970's. See also: New Caprican loco weed.