|This page (like all pages on this wiki) was imported from the original English-language Battlestar Wiki based on what was available in the Wayback Machine in early 2017. You can see the archive of the original page here.|
The sickbay seems to have the equipment of a basic small hospital (beds, stretchers, IV's), but is relatively spartan otherwise. It is also equipped with a machine similar to a magnetic resonance imaging scanner.
According to Lee Adama, the sickbay is also designed as a disaster shelter in the event of a ship catastrophe (Valley of Darkness).
Galactica also possesses a morgue, which can be accessed through Baltar's lab ("The Farm", "Sacrifice"). The lab itself is located in the starboard forward section of the ship (Six Degrees of Separation).
Major characters who have spent time in sickbay
- Cally Henderson -- gunshot wound in "Bastille Day". Later beaten to the point of having her jaw broken by Galen Tyrol and needing it rewired (Lay Down Your Burdens, Part I).
- Laura Roslin -- numerous examination and treatments relating to her breast cancer ("Act of Contrition", "Epiphanies", Season 4).
- Kara Thrace -- broken knee ("You Can't Go Home Again" to "Six Degrees of Separation").
- Sharon Valerii -- self-inflicted gunshot wound in the cheek (Kobol's Last Gleaming, Part I).
- William Adama -- after the attempt on his life by Sharon Valerii ("Scattered" to "Resistance").
- Gaius Baltar -- scan of his brain to determine whether or not his internal Number Six is a chip (Home, Part II).
- Lee Adama -- gunshot wound (Sacrifice)
- Sharon Agathon -- near-miscarriage in "Final Cut". Attempted rape resulting in a cracked rib treated in "Resurrection Ship, Part I", Caesarian-section birth in "Downloaded".
- Louanne Katraine -- dies from radiation sickness in "The Passage".
- Galen Tyrol -- recovers from explosive decompression in "A Day in the Life".
- Romo Lampkin -- survives an assassination attempt in "The Son Also Rises".
- Felix Gaeta -- after having his leg amputated (Guess What's Coming to Dinner?).