Talk:Kobol's Last Gleaming, Part II
Discovery of Earth and Consequences
If the Galactica finds Earth in 21st century near future during the second season instead of 1980, what will happen next? - John V
- They won't find Earth until the last episode of the show, if even then. Once they find Earth, the show's over.Kuralyov 10:56, 2 Apr 2005 (EST)
- That is, assuming, that we're talking about "our" Earth (past, present or future) here... Just an unfinished thought. --Joe Beaudoin 20:43, 2 Apr 2005 (EST)
- Just because they find Earth does not mean that the show would be over. The whole reason they were searching for Earth in the first place was to have a point of re-supply and attack. In 1980, they realzed that Earth was not technologically advanced enough to repel a Cylon attack. For all we know, the Cylons might have already found Earth and razed it. Earth could be the new Cylon homeworld. The possibilities are endless in this regard. Please remember, this is mostly opinion.--TxRedcoat 07:46, 8 Apr 2005 (EDT)
= Noteworthy Dialogue =--220.127.116.11 01:51, 26 Apr 2005 (EDT)
What possible 'personal misgivings'?? A Cylon deliving a bomb to kill other cylons? Could that be?? Did Adama know that Boomer was a Cylon when he sent her on the mission? He knew she was unstable... she had tried to kill herself. Why send her on that mission? I think it will come out that somehow he knew she was a cylon. Perhaps the chief mechanic told someone that Boomer was unstable and had said she was worried she was a cylon. Perhaps Adama knew that only a cylon could slip past the cylon ships surrounding the basestar.
- I think the quote was intended as a direct slam at Apollo. Note that he is standing (in irons) in the CIC as this exchange happens; I believe there's even a brief visual of Apollo reacting to the quote. Jim Huggins 09:54, 4 Apr 2005 (EDT)
- It was very much a verbal stab at Apollo. More directly, though, it's not hard to imagine someone having "personal misgivings" about what very well could have been a suicide mission. Adama picked Boomer in part because she wouldn't be too worried about coming back.
Also... did that other dude hand her a weapon when he shook Boomer's hand just before she shot Adama? Watch the tape again... the camera pans down to their hands a little bit... where they were shaking hands... or could that little camera movement hint that he handed her a weapon??
Great show. Cant wait till July...
- This was my thought. Every time I watch the episode again, it looks more and more like Gaeta hands her a pistol.--18.104.22.168 01:51, 26 Apr 2005 (EDT)
Was watching this episode again - noticed something interesting -
In the last scene, Gaeta appears to be handing something to Valeri (rather than shaking her hand). He then indicates that much has happened and goes off screen. She shoots Adama not with the Pilot's Double-Barreled blaster, but with a single-barrled weapon similar to a Walther PPK.
Afterwards, Gaeta calls the medics but then is not seen comforting the (at the time) dying Adama. Could Gaeta be an additional Cylon agent aboard Galactica?
I noticed a guy holding a light behind the case that contained the Arrow of Apollo in the sky one broadcast at approximately 22 minutes and 41 seconds.