|This page (like all pages on this wiki) was imported from the original English-language Battlestar Wiki based on what was available in the Wayback Machine in early 2017. You can see the archive of the original page here.|
Triad is a type of bluffing card game similar to poker played in the Twelve Colonies. The hexagonal card faces are abstract symbols that are not yet explained in the series. The back of the cards show a large star surrounded by a border with smaller stars. It can be played in traditional or strip fashion.
"Full Colors" is the name of the highest winning hand in the game. Players declare their hands after betting is concluded, or "fold" (resign) depending on the cards they were dealt.
Possible Winning Hands
- Template:Inlineref: highest hand (Water)
- Template:Inlineref: beats three up (Flight of the Phoenix)
- Template:Inlineref: less than prince high red, but likely relatively high (Flight of the Phoenix)
- Template:Inlineref: unknown placement, relatively high (Water)
- This card game was to be named identically to a similar card game found in the Original Series, called "Pyramid". However, the name was mistakenly switched with the basketball/rugby type-game, which is called "Triad" in the Original Series, but is now "Pyramid" in the Re-Imagined Series.
- According to actor Leo Chiang, the production team has not come up with any specific rules for the game and the actors improvise it.
- In the comic "Battlestar Galactica: Season Zero 3", Template:Inlineref is a high-hand in this game, but is inferior to the highest hand, full colors.
- See Also
- Dead Man's Chest|Dead Man's Chest
- Pyramid (TOS)|Pyramid, TOS' card game
- Pyramid (RDM)|Pyramid, RDM's ball game