Battlestar Wiki:Silly pages
|This page (like all pages on this wiki) was imported from the original English-language Battlestar Wiki based on what was available in the Wayback Machine in early 2017. You can see the archive of the original page here.|
|Battlestar Wiki Policy|
Article Standards & Conventions
|Sysop ← Interaction → User|
| Razor Material|
When Cylons Attack Your Body, Wear Protection
Every so often, one of the many contributors on Battlestar Wiki has completed one edit too many and needs to blow off some steam by making a non sequitur article that pokes fun at the Battlestar Galactica universes.
We call these articles silly pages. While silly pages can be very humorous, they still must have a purpose on Battlestar Wiki-- however tenuous that purpose may be.
Here are some basic rules and guidelines on the use and appropriateness of a silly page.
- A silly page should poke fun primarily at characters, situations, or events in any of the Battlestar Galactica universes only. Jabs at movies or TV shows such as Star Trek or printed fiction is appropriate if the bulk of your silly page involves Battlestar elements. Targets for fun do not include any users of this (or any) wiki, or any actual person, living or dead. Such pages will be considered an act of slander; these pages will be speedily deleted by administrators without debate.
- Silly pages are appropriate ways to "embellish" on articles with obvious references to commonplace objects in the real-world. Normally, such articles are not appropriate on Battlestar Wiki because of the article's redundant or obvious content. Articles such as "Flashlight" and "Toaster", however, point out the use of these terms in the Battlestar Galactica universes while, at the same time, adding a humorous element.
- Silly pages are great to humorous point out plot and character gaffes or repeated uses of a plot or character action. The Battlestar Galactica Drinking Game and Spot the Cylon are good examples of this use of a silly page.
- All silly pages must be marked with the Category:Silly pages template. Silly pages that spoof an episode or series of articles should NOT include the categories of the legitimate, canonical articles. As a general rule, silly pages should stand on their own.
- Defacement of an article to form a silly page is vandalism. Such actions are highly inappropriate will be dealt with severely by the administrators.
- Silly pages should be a rare occurrence to keep Battlestar Wiki's central informative purpose from being diluted. Administrators and contributors are generally asked to give consensus to the posting and use of a new silly page. Not only will contributors of silly page submit to having their work mercilessly edited, but consensus will also judge whether the contributor's article is sufficiently funny. Insufficiently funny silly pages may be deleted after sufficient consensus is reached.
- While these silly pages are often great articles, they should not be considered for featured article status. Silly articles aren't representative of Battlestar Wiki as they comprise less than 1% of all the articles.
And Now For Something Completely Different
For sheer hijinks with MediaWiki software, visit the content-free Uncyclopedia, a complete antithesis of Wikipedia that's designed for patent nonsense.