Battlestar Wiki:Think Tank/Cite Templates
|This page (like all pages on this wiki) was imported from the original English-language Battlestar Wiki based on what was available in the Wayback Machine in early 2017. You can see the archive of the original page here.|
- This is an archive successful proposal that was vetted through the Think Tank, a place where ideas of all kinds are proposed and worked upon by the community prior to implementation. Please do not modify this proposal.
We do a lot of "citeing" outside sources and I think we need to have a standard in the format in which they appear. Since I been doing lots of citing on Wikipedia, they use special templates that keep everything intact and properly formated in MLA or what ever style the author would like to use. I am suggestion that we adopt some of the templates from Category:Citation templates and use them here. Now I am not suggestion all of them but these are a few I think we should consider.
- Template:Cite book
- Template:Cite email
- Template:Cite episode (Would be modified to work with BSG Episodes)
- Template:Cite news
- Template:Cite online journal
- Template:Cite podcast (Modified to work with our BW:POD project of course.)
- Template:Cite press release
- Template:Cite video game
- Template:Cite visual
- Template:Cite web (The big one)
We would have to go through all the pages and just update the <ref> tags with the template inside of it. We would go through the pages as we have time. There are a lot of page and this really is just to standard the citing so it's no big priority, but it should be done if we were ever going to "publish" this site on a CD.