Battlestar Wiki:Think Tank/Lists of Unnamed characters
|This page (like all pages on this wiki) was imported from the original English-language Battlestar Wiki based on what was available in the Wayback Machine in early 2017. You can see the archive of the original page here.|
I propose that we make Lists of unnamed characters, such as "List of Unnamed Pilots", "List of Unnamed Marines", and "List of Unnamed civilians"
This would not cover extras whos names are not listed in the credits--->It is a means of sorting people who are actually listed in the credits, but given no formal name, like "Marine #1", etc.
I actually got the idea from Memory Alpha (the Star Trek Wiki), which uses this method to list credited roles that aren't given formal names, thus not justifiying their own separate articles.
Here is a rough list of who could be included in this:
T-Roy Kdzuki as "Marine" –Fragged
• Heather Doerksen as "Marine With A Sandwich" • Curtis Lee Hicks "Marine Sergeant" –Resistance
• Yee Jee Tso as Staffer –Note: played “Chang” in the 1996 Doctor Who Fox TV movie • Curtis Hicks as Marine Sergeant --Final Cut
Michael Jonsson Pegasus Guard #2—Check the DVD credits, he might be “Pegasus Guard #1”
• Jennifer Kitchen as Marine –Epiphanies
• James Ashcroft as Security Officer • Gustavo Febres as Herbalist —Black Market
• Erica Carroll as Civilian • James Upton as Environmental Specialist –Sacrifice
Kimani Ray Smith as Pegasus Sergeant –The Captain’s Hand
Winston Rekert as Priest—LDYB II
• James Ashcroft as Spectator #1 • Mario Battista as Gardner—Colonial Day
Alex Green as Deckhand—Tigh Me Up, Tigh Me Down
Eric Breker as Gemenon Traveller Captain—Flesh and Bone
• Shaw Madson as Marine Corporal • Morris Chapdelaine as Reporter #2—Litmus
Bill Meilen as Caprica Cleric—Act of Contritio
• Graham Young as Marine #1 • Curtis Hicks as Marine #2—Bastille Day
Various people from the Miniseries.
Various unnamed pilots which we’ve actually got a list of already on the List of Pilots
- What is the benefit of this proposal to the wiki? Just categorizing more information
- What is involved in implementing this idea? Most important part: We need to find screencaps of all of these unnamed-yet-credited Marines/Galactica Crew/Civilians, match them with the actors listed in the credits, and then put them in new "List" articles. I do not personally have screecap capability and cannot do this myself
- Who is going to do it? Everyone who can
- Why should we do it at all? Makes us even more of an exhaustive source of BSG information. Plus, sometimes minor backround people turn into bigger characters years later (Cally being an extreme and not quite comparable example, as she did have a name and many speaking lines); a better analogy would be someone like Petty Officer Sian, who has actually been a backround extra in CIC since the Miniseries, but only got a name and dialog in "Sacrifice". Further, that tall, balld, tatooed Asian pilot (apocryphally dubbed "Dragon" by fans) has appeared in many episodes starting with "33", and advances reports say he'll officially get speaking lines and a formal name in Season 3
- How will we use the idea? Just need people to track down pics of all of these people, and match them with actors; the rest we can handle
- Should the proposal pass, when will work start on this idea? Right away
- Where will this idea be implemented? (e.g. Will it be on certain types of pages or the entire Wiki in general?) Several "List of unnamed Marines" and "List of unnamed Civilians" pages will be created.Template:Ttf