Classic Battlestar Galactica 2
From Battlestar Wiki
|This page (like all pages on this wiki) was imported from the original English-language Battlestar Wiki based on what was available in the Wayback Machine in early 2017. You can see the archive of the original page here.|
An issue of the Dynamite series.
|Cover Artist(s)|| Dave Dorman|
|Collects|| Foil Cover|
Dorman Virgin Cover
Rafael Negative Art Edition
Rafael Re-Order Cover
|Collected in||Classic Battlestar Galactica|
|Classic Battlestar Galactica 1||Issue 2||Classic Battlestar Galactica 3|
|Available at BOOKSAMILLION.COM - Purchase|
|Available at Amazon.com – Purchase|
|Available at Amazon.co.uk – Purchase|
|Available at Things From Another World - Purchase|
- Starbuck encounters a group of human survivors on the devastated Cylon-occupied world of Maytoria.
- After Starbuck is nearly felled after being chased by many Cylon Centurions on occupied Maytoria after he is shot down, he is saved by Stadra Ah Mun, a member of what remains of the Sagitarian Colonial forces on Maytoria.
- Ah Mun tells Starbuck that they have suffered very heavy losses while awaiting help from the Colonial Fleet.
- She orders him to take off the Cylon armor he used as camoflage earlier. When he is glib about it, she tells him that the armor is loaded with tracking devices.
- Ah Mun leads Starbuck to a makeshift stronghold under an old trade center building. The survivors there are very low on food and supplies; disease is becoming a danger.
- When Ah Mun's father meets Starbuck, the old man dashes his daughter's hope at rescue, yelling that Galactica isn't aware of the civilian's presence. He points to a table where several men are playing Pyramid.
- Ah Mun is visibly angry at Starbuck, but he is happy to see that Boomer survived his horrific crash. He had jumped away just before his Viper exploded.
- The two Warriors discuss their plight, concerned that Galactica has left the system for its safety. When Ah Mun interrupts, she tells them that all communications except Cylon transmissions are jammed.
- When Ah Mun is told of the Battle of Cimtar, the Sagittarians are crestfallen.
- Aboard Galactica, Apollo, Serina and Boxey share quality time. Apollo tells a tale about and Starbuck from their academy days. When Serina tells him that mourning is important for his lost friend, Apollo keeps his promise to his friend on never mourning each other if one she precede the other.
- On Maytoria, Ah Mun tells the populace the situation, which is not taken well at all. Despite the seemingly-hopeless situation, Stadra Ah Mun gives a rousing speech to boost the mood, announcing that, while Colonial ships are no more, there remain Cylon transports to steal.
- Boomer and Starbuck consider the plan suicidal, but as death awaits the humans, Ah Mun explains, one should die trying.
- Just then, the Cylons raid the complex, killing many. When Boomer is pinned down, Starbuck charges the Cylons to distract them.
- The two Warriors chat as they do while their fight, but Ah Mum yells at them to keep their focus as she uses an energy bazooka to blast several Cylons away.
- Denle Rel, injured in the fight, warns that more Cylons will arrive inside, but Ah Mun tells him that the catacombs below the complex will aid their escape.
- When Boomer complains of their relative safety, Rel reveals a strange tag on Boomer's uniform: a Cylon tracking bug.
Carlos Rafael cover.