Colonial Fleet (TOS)
|This page (like all pages on this wiki) was imported from the original English-language Battlestar Wiki based on what was available in the Wayback Machine in early 2017. You can see the archive of the original page here.|
- This article discusses the surviving military defense ships of the Twelve Colonies of Man in the Original Series prior to their destruction. For information on the civilian ships that comprise the "rag-tag" remains of humanity, see The Fleet (TOS). For information on the Colonial military forces of the Re-imagined Series, see Colonial Fleet (RDM).
After the Battle of Cimtar, all but one known battlestar, Galactica, is destroyed by an elaborate Cylon ambush. Rather than mounting a suicidal offensive against the Cylons, and to protect the few survivors, Galactica gathers approximately 220 civilian ships and leads them out of Colonial space.
The Colonial Fleet becomes a bit stronger, albeit briefly, when Commander Cain returns with battlestar Pegasus. Sadly, the battlestar is again lost, apparently for good, during a direct attack against a basestar (The Living Legend, Part II).
There is little discussion in the Original Series on other warcraft used by the Twelve Colonies of Man aside from the battlestars.
Eight battlestars are mentioned or seen in the Original Series.
- Atlantia - destroyed by the Cylons at Cimtar (Saga of a Star World) and President Adar's flagship
- Acropolis - mentioned in connection with the attack at Cimtar, and so assumed to be one of the battlestars seen near Cimtar
- Columbia - destroyed prior to the events at Cimtar (The Gun on Ice Planet Zero)
- Galactica, the central battlestar of the Original Series
- Pacifica - mentioned in connection with the attack at Cimtar, and so assumed to be one of the battlestars seen near the moon
- Pegasus - presumed destroyed at the Battle of Molecay (The Living Legend)
- Rycon - destroyed at the Battle of the Cosmara Archipelago (Take the Celestra)
- Triton - mentioned in connection with the attack at Cimtar, and so assumed to be one of the battlestars seen near the moon
- For more on these ships and their design, see the article, Battlestar (TOS).
- The Costume Department at New West has indicated that three further battlestars may have been referenced had the show been renewed: the Solaria, Cerberus and Prometheus. This information, however, is not canonical.
- Contrary to fan fiction accounts, no official information exists that confirms that Columbia was the class name of the Original Series battlestars.