List of characters with name changes
From Battlestar Wiki
|This page (like all pages on this wiki) was imported from the original English-language Battlestar Wiki based on what was available in the Wayback Machine in early 2017. You can see the archive of the original page here.|
This article covers characters who have either been replaced by entirely new characters, or merely renamed, due to legal or creative reasons.
The Original Series
- In the original treatments for "Saga of a Star World" and earlier scripts, including "The Beta Pirates", Apollo is originally named Template:Inlineref. Presumably, this change was a result of discussions between George Lucas and Glen Larson, as the hero in Lucas's Star Wars is named "Luke Skywalker".
- In the original treatment for "Saga of a Star World", Serina is named Template:Inlineref. Presumably this was changed since Star Wars had a female primary character named Princess Leia.
- In an early spec script written by Glen Larson, "Galactica Discovers Earth" is a one-hour episode, with Apollo, Starbuck, and Baltar. These characters later became the basis for Troy, Dillon and Xaviar respectively.
- In a later script for "Galactica Discovers Earth", the lines spoken by Colonel Boomer are spoken by a man named Colonel Template:Inlineref.
- While not truly a "name change", "Galactica Discovers Earth" reveals that Boxey was the nickname of a man named Troy.
The Re-imagined Series
- The character of Saul Tigh was originally named Paul Tigh, but the name had to be changed for legal reasons, presumably.