Soundtrack (Season 2)
|This page (like all pages on this wiki) was imported from the original English-language Battlestar Wiki based on what was available in the Wayback Machine in early 2017. You can see the archive of the original page here.|
|"Soundtrack (Season 2)"|
An album of the the Re-imagined series
|Label||La-La Land Records|
|Soundtrack (Season 1)||Soundtrack (Season 2)||Soundtrack (Season 3)|
|Available at Amazon.com – Purchase|
|Available at Amazon.co.uk – Purchase|
|Available at CircuitCity.com – Purchase|
|Available at iTunes – Purchase|
- For other Battlestar Galactica soundtracks, click here.
- For a general article on the music in Battlestar Galactica, see Music of Battlestar Galactica (RDM).
- Colonial Anthem (4:02) from "Final Cut"
- Baltar's Dream (2:45) from "Valley of Darkness"
- Escape (3:09) from "The Farm"
- A Promise to Return (3:03) from "The Farm"
- Dedicated to the Recovery of Ludvig Girdland. Performed by Supernova String Quartet
- Allegro (4:59) from "Home, Part II"
- The initial printing of the Season 2 soundtrack mistakenly attributed this track to "Home, Part I", but according to composer Bear McCreary's website this is incorrect and all subsequent printings will be corrected.
- Martial Law (1:51) from "Fragged"
- Standing in the Mud (1:45) from "Black Market"
- Pegasus (2:46) from "Pegasus"
- Lords of Kobol (2:50) from "Pegasus"
- Featuring Raya Yarbrough, Vocals.
- Something Dark is Coming (8:51) from "Lay Down Your Burdens, Part I"
- Scar (2:26) from "Scar"
- Epiphanies (2:43) from "Epiphanies"
- Roslin and Adama (2:49) from "Resurrection Ship, Part I" and "Part II"
- Gina Escapes (2:00) from "Resurrection Ship, Part II"
- Dark Unions (2:53) from "Lay Down Your Burdens, Part II"
- The Cylon Prisoner (3:51) from "Pegasus"
- Featuring Bt4, Vocals
- Prelude to War (8:22) from "Pegasus", "Resurrection Ship, Part I", and "Part II"
- Reuniting the Fleet (2:45) from "Home, Part I" and "Home, Part II"
- Roslin Confesses (2:09) from "Lay Down Your Burdens, Part II"
- One Year Later (1:43) from "Lay Down Your Burdens, Part II"
- Worthy of Survival (3:35) from "Lay Down Your Burdens, Part II"
- Battlestar Galactica (0:45) Season 2 Main Title Music
- Music by Richard Gibbs. Engineered and Mixed by Gordon Fordyce. Featuring Michael Now and Caitanya Riggan, Vocals
- Black Market (5:48) from "Black Market"
- Featuring Steve Bartek, Guitar
Lyrics and Translations
Composer Bear McCreary has given his permission to Battlestar Wiki to post the lyrics and translations for the Battlestar Galactica soundtracks. From the booklet accompanying the CD, the lyrics and translations for the musical tracks in the Season 1 CD are:
Season 2 Main Title Music
During the first season, the UK airings of Battlestar Galactica used a different title music than the USA airings. Ron Moore and the production team always favored the UK music, but Scifi Channel executives thought it would not be popular and pressured the BSG production team to use a reworked version of the Season 1 musical track "Two Funerals" as the USA title music in Season 1. However, by Season 2 Moore was able to make his preferred "UK version" of the title music the track that aired in the USA broadcast. Many fans are divided over which they prefer.
According to Bear McCreary's official website, the lyrics to the Season 2 Title Music are actually the Gayatri Mantra (the most revered prayer mantra in Hinduism). From McCreary's official website:
Lords of Kobol
Some official sources erroneously claim the lyrics to be in "Sengalese", a language which does not exist. In fact, it's Sinhalese.
Roslin and Adama
According to Bear McCreary's website, there is a version of "Roslin and Adama" which is performed with lyrics, which was not included in the series or on the CD, but which was performed live at the Season 2 soundtrack CD premiere party.
- Ethnic Woodwinds - Chris Bleth
- Uilleann Pipes and Irish Whistles - Eric Riger
- Acoustic and Electric Violin - Paul Cartwright
- Acoustic and Electric Guitars - Steve Bartek
- Electric Bass - John Avila
- Drum Kit - Johnny "Vatos" Hernandez
- Percussion - M.B. Gordy
- Pianos, Percussion and MIDI Programming - Bear McCreary
- French Horns - Steve Durnan, Daniel Kelly
- Trumpets - Wayne Bergeron, Larry Hall
- Trombones - Alex Isles, Steve Holtman
- Violin - Robert Anderson, Susan Chatman, Charlie Evert, Kirsten Fife, Juliann French, Larry Greenfield, Norm Hughes, Sharon Jackson, Peter Kent, Gina Kronstadt, Songa Lee-Kitto, Cameron Patrick, Vladamir Polimiditi, Kathleen Robertson, Julie Rodgers, Josefina Vergara, Erika Walczak, Francine Walsh, John Wittenberg, Shari Zippert
- Viola - Miguel Atwood-Ferguson, Biana Bandy, Karen Elane Bucanin, Lynn Grants, Scott Holsfield, Marium Mayer, Maria Newman, David Stenske, Maria Todd, Jessica VanVelzen
- Violoncello - Peggy Baldwin, Giovanna Clayton, Erika Duke-Kirkpatrick, Vanessa Friebarin-Smith, Missy Hasin, Susie Katayama, Rudi Stein, Jacob Szekely
- Contrabass - Norman Ludwin, Bart Samolis, Dave Stone
Supernova String Quartet
- Violin - Ludvig Girdland
- Violin - Robert Anderson
- Viola - Muguel Atwood-Ferguson
- Violoncello - Jacob Szekely
- Featured Vocalists - Raya Yarbrough, Bt4
- Additional Vocalists - Amy Keys, Doug Lacy, Johnny "Vatos" Hernandez, Bear McCreary
- Executive Album Producers for La La Land Records - MV Gerhard and Matt Verboys
- Album Produced by - Bear McCreary, Steve Kaplan and Ford A. Thaxton
- Score Produced by - Bear McCreary and Steve Kaplan
- Score Orchestrated and Conducted by - Bear McCreary
- Score Orchestrated and Mixed by - Steve Kaplan
- Music Editor - Michael Baber
- Assistant Music Editor - David Bondelvitch
- Digitally Edited and Mastered by - James Nelson at Digital Outland
- Computer Guru - Mark Cooper
- Contractors - M.B. Gordy and Peter Kent
- Representation - Soundtrack Music Associates
- Score Recorded at - Stage M at Paramount Studios and Eastwood Scoring Stage at Warner Bros.
- CD Art Direction - Mark Banning
- Sengalese Consultant - Nisha Rodrigo
On January 5, 2007 CKMS 100.3 FM Radio Waterloo voted the soundtrack Number 1 in Visions In Sound's best of 2006. CKMS-FM is the community radio station at the University of Waterloo, Ontario. VISIONS IN SOUND is a unique radio program featuring the soundtracks from movies, television and video games.
On March 31, 2007 StreamingSoundtracks.com awarded the soundtrack as "Soundtrack of the Year" for 2006, in addition to awarding "Prelude to War" as the 2006 "Track of the Year".
Vision in Sounds named it the number one soundtrack in 2006 
On Soundtrack.net it is among the Top 5 television soundtracks of 2006.
- La-La Land Records page for BSG Season 2 soundtrack, with sample clips.
- Visions In Sound - The Best of 2006 (backup available on Archive.org) (in ). (January 5 2007). Retrieved on February 13 2007.
- StreamingSoundtracks.com Awards for 2006 (backup available on Archive.org) (in ). (31 march 2007). Retrieved on 21 April 2007.
- Bear McCreary - Press (backup available on Archive.org) (in ).