|This page (like all pages on this wiki) was imported from the original English-language Battlestar Wiki based on what was available in the Wayback Machine in early 2017. You can see the archive of the original page here.|
|Propulsion:||2x sublight engines|
|Role:|| Tylium Refinery |
|Fate:||Scuttled, circa 4 ACH|
Daru Mozu, also known as Refinery 322 is a tylium refinery ship that part of the surviving Colonial Fleet, following the exodus of the Twelve Colonies. It was found by Laura Roslin aboard Colonial One shortly after the onset of the Fall of the Twelve Colonies at the hands of the Cylons. It assists in replenishing Roslin's fleet before being forced to make an FTL jump to Ragnar Anchorage. From there, it is guarded by the battlestar Galactica as the fleet makes an escape towards the Prolmar Sector (TRS: "Miniseries").
Around six months after the exodus, a member of Demand Peace blew a hole in the forward section of the ship, killing herself and several members of the crew. The damage was eventually repaired (TRS: "Epiphanies").
Daru Mozu's Tylium refining facilities are later destroyed or lost, leaving the second surviving refinery ship, Hitei Kan, the only source of Tylium in the fleet (TRS: "Dirty Hands", "A Disquiet Follows My Soul"). It is unknown how this occurs, however the ship itself is still part of the fleet (TRS: "Guess What's Coming to Dinner?").
- In "Home, Part I" a refinery ship is referred to as "refueling tanker", but the configuration of the ship is identical to Daru Mozu and Hitei Kan.
- According to a deleted scene from"Epiphanies", four members of the crew were killed by the female suicide bomber.
- In "Lay Down Your Burdens, Part II", the ship is noted on the master tally board on Galactica, but absent from the whiteboard voting tracker on Colonial One.
- Nameplate on the Daru Mozu's hull.
- The episode "Dirty Hands" strongly implies that the Hitei Kan is the only existing refinery ship and thus Daru Mozu has either been destroyed or abandoned. At least one refinery ship was present on the surface of New Caprica , suggesting the Colonials used the ship for materials, or the Cylons sabotaged the Colonial's Tylium supply as part of their occupation. However, this remains pure speculation. Daru Mozu, never the less, remains part of the fleet, and can be seen with Hitei Kan here.