|This page (like all pages on this wiki) was imported from the original English-language Battlestar Wiki based on what was available in the Wayback Machine in early 2017. You can see the archive of the original page here.|
|Fate:||Flown into a sun with the rest of the fleet in Daybreak, Part II|
|colspan="3" class="infoboxheader hiddenStructure825 feet (Template:Roundupm)130 feet (Template:Roundupm)75 feet (Template:Roundupm)" | Dimensions|
|Length:||825 feet (Template:Roundupm)|
|Width:||130 feet (Template:Roundupm)|
|Height:||75 feet (Template:Roundupm)|
Since these ships are completely without defenses, many ships like this Pan Galactic spaceliner were destroyed during the attacks.
At least one FTL-capable Pan Galactic spaceliner, named the Caprica Clipper, survived the attack and united with the Fleet. This liner is the last civilian ship to make its escape jump in the Battle of Ragnar Anchorage (Miniseries).
After the settlement of New Caprica, it was among the ships that chose to set down on the planet's surface. It was later held by the Cylons during the Occupation, and is among the first to escape the surface during the liberation by Galactica, by performing an intra-atmospheric jump (Exodus, Part II).
The vessel would later be destroyed when it was sent into Earth's sun with the rest the fleet (Daybreak, Part II).
- Pan Galactic uses the popular spaceliner design used by other spacelines such as Gemon Liners.
- The livery and name of Pan Galactic is based on the airline Pan American (or Pan Am), which ceased operations in 1991.
- Pan Galactic's company logo, located on the ship's sides and underside tail, is nearly identical to the one of Pan Am, except for its lettering, which says "Pan Gal."
- The use of the likeness of the old Pan Am logo is likely an homage to the film 2001: A Space Odyssey, where a Space Shuttle-like winged transport (run by a fictional version of Pan Am) is seen.
- The name, Caprica Clipper, can be seen clearly on its nose in promotional pictures, however it has yet to be named in any official episodes with lack of closeups on the vessel throughout the series.
escaping from the Ragnar Anchorage
- The official web site for the series at SciFi.com notes a brief description of these passenger liners.